If you have found yourself with lots of broken tiles after every renovation, then you know the cost of having a lousy tile saw. Not only will it cost you time and lots of tiles but also a lot of money. So, if you are in the process of renovating your bathroom or kitchen, then you are obviously opting to use tiles. But no matter the size of the tiles you choose, they still don’t seem to fit in all the spaces. This is why you will find yourself opting to buy a new tile saw. And here is where the fear and lots of questions come in – “what is the best tile saw?” “what is the best-wet tile saw currently in the market?” and many others too.
So, to determine what is the best tile saw, first, you need to answer the question of what makes the best tile saw. So in this article, we have compiled some of the best tile saws, including other important information that will help you find the perfect tile saw.
What to expect in this article:
- Top ten best tile saws in 2020 including their reviews pros cons
- Buying guide
- Best tiles saw FAQs
- Benefits of wet tiles saw
- How to use a tile saw
- safety and convenience tips
So let’s start by understanding the top 10 best tiles saw in 2020:
The best Tile Saws in 2020 –Reviews Pros and Cons
1. DEWALT D24000S Tile Saw
DEWALT D24000S Tile Saw is perhaps one of the best tiles saw in the markets nowadays. This is probably due to its quality and incredible performance. Dewalt has a reputation for selling one of the best tools or products. This best-wet tiles saw offers a lot by allowing you quickly and precisely cut your tiles. What makes this tile saw so useful is its impeccable design. For precise cuts, this saw has a rail system designed for it. Plunge and cutting features that this tile saw has never disappointed at all.
So, what are the exciting feature for this tile saw?
Quick Interesting Features
- Plunge features for quick cuts of electrical outlets
- It has a 22.5 and 45 degrees miter for angles cuts
- Equipped with a water nozzle
- Powerful 1.5 HP motor
- Cuts 18 x 18 inch. tile on diagonal, and with a plunge, it cuts 25 in. Or 28 in.
- This saw come with both saw and its stand
- It is easy to use a tile saw
- It is one of the most precise cutting saw
- it is a portable tile saw; thus, you can easily carry it with you to anywhere or everywhere you go.
- Quick cutting of electrical outlets due to its plunge features
- It is quite expensive
2. The SKIL 3550-02 7-Inch Wet Tile Saw
If you have been asking yourself, ‘what is the best-wet tile saw?’ Then you need not worry anymore since SKIL 3550-02 available for you. This is one of the best-wet tile saw currently in the market. It has become most people’s favorite tile saw due to its extensive features. Apart from allowing you to get that precise cut, it also has a sliding side extension that supports you when cutting the tiles. Also, it has a durable aluminum table that can resist any form of rust.
This tile also includes a bevel that allows you to cut tiles to different shapes, for instance, 0, 22.5, and 45 degrees’ shapes. And for 100% accurate cutting, this saw also has an adjustable rip fence and a miter gauge.
Quick Interesting Features
- Durable and rust-resistant aluminum tabletop
- 18 x 18-inches sliding side extension
- It has an adjustable rip fence with miter gauge
- It allows 0, 22.5 and 45 degrees bevel tiles cuts
- It has a sliding side extension that supports you
- Suitable for cutting any kinds of tiles
- It has a durable aluminum table that is rust-resistant
- It guarantees accurate cutting of tiles due to its miter gauge
- You can cut tiles into any shape you like.
- If you use HydroLock it either gest soaked or you can see clearly
- Most of the times blades tend to push the tiles up
- And the included fence isn’t that usable
3. SKIL 3540-02 Tile Saw
This is another fantastic tile saw designed by Skil, and the best part of this tile saw is its price. It is quite an affordable type of tile saw and offers you the best results you want. Just like the first product from Skil, this also has a corrosive-resistance top that is stainless steel. The top supports tiles of up to 12 x 12-in. It also has an adjustable rip fence with miter gauge which helps in the precise cutting of tiles. Some of its features include:
Quick Interesting Features
- It has a bevel cut tile from 0 to 45 degrees
- 25-in and 7.75-in –diagonal Cut and cross-cut capacities, respectively.
- Stainless steel top
- An adjustable rip fence with miter gauge
- It has a durable tabletop that is corrosive resistance
- It has an adjustable bevel
- It comes with a blade cooling water tank
- Needs pretty often cleaning
- It has a fence that is tough to fine-tune
4. Chicago Electric 2.5HP Tile Saw
The Chicago Electric wet tile saw bears several exciting features that improve the speed and quality of the finished product. Besides the precise cuts features, this wet-tile saw also has an adjustable cutting head. This permitted you to modify the head of several tiles and cut them to your likings. Also, it can cut up to 24 in thus allowing you to complete any tiles cutting task.
That said, let’s have a look at some of its exciting features.
Quick Interesting Features
- It has a powerful engine with 2.5 horsepower and 15-amps
- It has a great water pump that is 3-gallon per minute
- An adjustable cutting head
- 24 in. cutting capacity
- It has a powerful 15-amp motor that dissipates up to 2.5 horsepower
- Its ability to cut up to 24 Inches
- Can be used to cut through tiles as well as bricks
- This is not compact
- It doesn’t have a plunge feature for cutting
- It doesn’t come with a stand
5. QEP 22400Q Tile Saw
The QEP 22400Q tile saw is another best tile saw in the market that is made of plastic to avoid corrosion and rust. Also, f you are looking for that powerful and portable tile saw, this is an ideal choice for you. It is a 3/5 HP torque master saw that comes with a 4 in. QEP continuous rim diamond blade. Its blade and engine are stronger that it can easily cut through marble, slate, ceramic as well as stone tile. QEP 22400Q can also allow you to make angle cuts since it comes with a clip-on extension as well as an angle guide.
So, here are some of the exciting features that this tile saw has.
Quick Interesting Features
- It has a 4 inches continuous QEP rim diamond blade
- It has a hinged cutting table
- Contain an angle guide that allows you to make a 22.5 degree and 45-degree tiles cuts.
- Equipped with a rib guide
- It has a clip-on extension table.
- It has a plastic frame, thus increasing durability by avoiding rust and corrosion.
- It is an affordable type of tile saw with its prices being significantly lower than similar saws
- This offers you with precise cuts
- It has an effective splash guard that prevent cuts from spilling all over you
- This tile also has an accurate rip guide that is simple to use
- Despite providing precise cuts, this tile saw is known to be slow cutting saw.
6. QEP 61024 24-Inch BRUTUS Tile Saw
When you are installing the tile saw yourself, then it means you want to avoid extra cost, or you want to DIY it yourself and to your likings. Therefore, to make your process well, you will need to have this professional tile saw – QEP 61024 24-Inch BRUTUS. It is professional in the sense that it offers you quality results, easy to use, and more importantly, it is affordable.
This tile saw cuts up to 24 inches of tile and diagonal cutting of up to 18 inches. It has an integrated water pump that ensures an easy cutting process with a smooth and evenes finish. To ensure that you have an accurate measurement, this cutter also has a pre-installed measuring guide in place. Here are some of these tile features, as well as the pros and cons.
Quick Interesting Features
- It has an adjustable tilting head with two smart options between 45 to 90-degree cuts
- Comes with a dual water spray enclosed system
- A motor with 1.5 horsepower and 120V
- It has a 24-inch rip cut
- A 10-inch blade capacity
- It has an RPM of 3450
- It has a locking tilt-up blade guard for easy blade changing
- It is easy as well as safe to use a type of tile saw
- Relatively affordable best tile saw
- It has an adjustable tilting head that makes your diagonal cutting quite easy
- Gives an accurate and smoother cut due to its fantastic water pump feature
- This cutter also has a durable scoring wheel
- A built-in guide that helps gets straight cuts and minimize tile being wasted
- It can be challenging to use this tile saw in cutting large tiles
7. MK Diamond 160028 Wet Tile Saw
This best tile saw is another model that answers your question of what is the best tile saw is MK Diamond 160028. So, if you are planning to DIY your bathroom or kitchen floor, then you can opt for this popular tile saw. Besides its powerful and sturdy features –a high-torque universal motor and high, this tile saw still come with some advanced and best features. One of these features includes a locking key, which is a safety feature. This feature ensures that the saw can’t be used when you remove the locking key.
Another important feature of this model is that it uses a 5 amps’ power on 115V. This means that you will be using less energy than the other models that are known to suck a lot of energy. And to ensure you get a smooth cut while using it, this tile saw contain a built-in-guide system.
Quick Interesting Features
- In-built guide feature for accurate cutting
- It is a lightweight tile saw weighing about 32 lbs.
- High-torque, universal motor system
- It has a hinged blade guard that allows smooth blade changing
- It has a high-impact thermoplastic tank
- In-built MK Safe switch for safety reasons.
- It warrants user safety due to its built-in safety feature
- This tile saw is strong and durable
- Provide you with a smooth finish on your tiles
- It is a lightweight tile saw that can be easily by anybody.
- It has an in-built guide system that ensures accurate cutting of your tiles, thus minimizing tiles wastage.
- This tile saw blades can easily get plant thus needs to be changed after a year of use
8. 60020SQ 24-Inch Dual Speed Tile Saw
Among the best competing tile saws in the market 60020SQ, 24-Inch Dual Speed Tile saw is one of them. It has a tone of features that makes it ideal for completing almost every task related to tile-cutting. First, it is equipped with a stand that you can fold easily. Secondly, it has a powerful water pump that ensures less depress while cutting your tiles.
60020SQ 24-Inch Dual Speed Tile saw, has a powerful engine and blade that can slice through any hard tiles. For example, the masonry, granite, marble, stone, and porcelain tiles. The other exciting thing about this saw is that t uses less electricity, juts 120V. So, if you are looking for a lightweight, durable, and smooth cutting tiles, this tile saw is an ideal choice for you.
Here are some of the unique features that make it effective and admirable without forgetting its pros and cons.
Quick Interesting Features
- Contains a powerful motor that poses 2HP
- 14” x 14” diagonal cuts and 24” x 24” square rip cuts
- A locking tilt-up blade guard
- Folding stand
- Manually changed RPM system
- A dual spray system attached to a high-volume water pump
- It is easy to use a quality tile saw
- It is a lightweight tile saw thus it can be moved easily
- contains a powerful locking system that is very important when changing blades
- Ability to change your stem RPM to fit the specific blades you are using
- It is one of the top-speed powerful tiles saws that are currently in the market
- Despite its great performance, this tile saw is quite expensive when compared to other tile saws.
9. Lackmond Beast Wet Tile Saw
If you want to make your renovations task accurately cutting tiles easy, then Lackmond Beast Wet Tile Saw is a perfect solution for that. It is a powerful tile saw that can cut every type of tile, be it stone, porcelain, granite, or marble. It perfectly cuts all. And keep in mind that this cutting tool doesn’t just cut them, but it accurately cuts to delivers a flawless and smooth finish. This tile saw has an impeccable design that is safe and easy to use and also lightweight. You can use it in cutting both small and larger tiles due to its removable table feature.
Durability is another feature that makes this tile one the most used tile saw, thanks to its steel body design. And to solve the debris and dust issues, this cutting tool comes with a water pump.
Quick Interesting Features
- It features an onboard miter square for lining up and accurate cutting of your tiles
- Features a splash feature that prevents water from spraying tool operator
- Contains a drain plug for quick and effective water draining
- It is Equipped with a Roll cage that ensures smooth cutting and protection of the cutting cart
- It is a durable cutting tool thus it can endure harsh conditions
- It is useful in both straight and diagonal cuts
- Contains powerful and well-designed water pumps
- It has a powerful motor
- This tile is available at a significantly high price; thus, it might not be affordable to many, but the price is worth it.
10. MK-370EXP 7-Inch Wet Cutting Tile Saw
If you are going to working with smaller tiles and you need a reliable cheaper cutting tool, then you can try this MK-370EXP 7-inch wet cutting tile saw. This is another reliable tile saw equipped with a tone of features that provide both safety and convenience. It will allow you to DIY your projects to your likings without affecting the quality and accuracy of the finish. It is made from a strong material that enhances its durability and performance. It can easily cause cuts, thus allowing you to easily express your creativity through the projects you are working on.
This cutting tool features plunge capability meaning you quickly and easily cut outlets. The other thing is that you can easily swap the blade since it contains a hinge blade guard.
Quick Interesting Features
- It is a portable saw
- It is a lightweight saw
- Features a plunge-cutting ability
- It contains a chrome-plated linear guide that us about 5/8-Inch in diameter
- It features a hinged blade guard for easy maintenance and blade changing
- It delivers precise cuts thanks to a linear guide that offers rigid support even when you aren’t holding it tight.
- You can quickly cut openings and outlets since the tile saw has got plunge cutting features.
- This tile saw also comes with a blade guard that entails a hinge for smooth blade changing and cleaning.
- If you are not careful rail adjustment you might get rough cuttings
- It doesn’t come with drain plug thus making draining work hard
Buying Guide: What to look for when buying a tile saw
To clearly understand what makes the best tile saw, you need to consider some factors. These are the factors that play the most significant role when choosing your tile saw. What factors should you consider? What are your priorities and expectations? So, lets now see what you should be looking for in a tile saw to understand these factors.
1. Types of tile saws
Start by asking yourself what kind of tile saw do you need. This is always the primary that is usually like using whenever I want to purchase any tool. There are about four types of tile saws that are currently available in the market. These types include
- A Tabletop wet Tile Saws
- Snap or rail cutters
- Overhead motor wet Tile Saws and
- Handheld wet Tile Saws
Remember that to each kind comes a different use, pros, and cons. Therefore, you should choose accordingly.
2. Feed design
This is another major factor that you should consider. So, what type of feeding design are you looking for? Is it a sliding table, bridge, or stationary? Let’s discuss these designs to understand more about them.
- Sliding table: This is a type of saw that comes with a sliding table alongside a stationary blade housing.
- Bridge: With this type of saw, you have a sliding saw with a stationary table.
- Stationary: Just like the name suggests, the entire platform doesn’t move. That means you will have to push a tile across the blade.
3. Its total size (Portability)
One of the other to consider when choosing a tile saw is its overall size. The reason as to why this is important is because if you are traveling most of the time with it, then you will require a portable and relatively lighter one. Size also improves your tiles saw flexibility.
4. The water feed
When it comes to the water feed, the kind or type of tiles saw you will determine the water feed. Stationary saws have a water source to be a reservoir that blades sit in it while the sliding table has its water reservoir underneath the platform. While other one ha jets that expel water.
5. Its accuracy and cut quality
High accuracy with exceptional quality cuts is another thing to look for in a tile saw. This is because having a higher quality cut with high efficiency will save you time, cost and amount of tiles wasted
6. The Size of the Tiles
Another thing to consider when you are buying a wet tile saw is the size of the tiles you are going to be using. This is important because you sometimes get the best-wet tile saw, but it works best with small tiles. Remember that suitability is an essential factor, mostly when you are buying this kind of tool. Simply because you don’t want a lot of tiles braking, inaccurate cuttings, and even rough cuts.
So you must check on the size of tiles that specific tiles saw can cut perfectly. But keep in mind that there are several tiles saws in the market nowadays that can cut any size tiles.
7. Price and warranty
It is usually essential to check on the price and if it is affordable to you, then how does its warranty look like as compared to others. So, if these two factors meet your expectations, then you can go o and complete your purchase.
How to use a tile saw?
Regardless of how useful a tile saw is, it is still a dangerous tool that always needs to be handled with caution. Therefore, learning or understanding how to use a tile saw is essential. No matter the type and rating of the tile saw, the first step to ensuring your safety is knowing how to operate it. To help you with this, we have created a guide that will teach all the basic handling tips that you should know. So let’s let start!
Start by finding a leveled surface where you can place your tile saw to affording any shaking or movement. This is important because you will be able to avoid injuries or damages that shaking tile saw might bring. So, you can choose a basement floor or any other floor that is leveled and steady. Keep in mind that whether you are using a stand, having a level surface is a must.
The next step is about filling the water reservoir and ensuring that the pump is correctly submerged to the water. This is a factor that plays a significant role in both efficiency and safety when using a tile saw. To do this, you will need to check the water tank beneath the saw and see if it has enough water while checking if the pump is correctly immersed (fully immersed). This is important and a must if you are using a wet saw.
When you complete the 1st and 2nd step, then you should start placing and aligning your tiles on the cutting table. Use the fence and miter gauge to help you align your tile perfectly. Also, you should ensure that you have drowned the line that will be followed by the blade while cutting your tiles. Ensure you set up the tiles so that there is a full space between the blade and fence. This will ensure that you have enough space to hold and move both your fingers and tiles.
To make diagonal cuts, then you will have to set your miter guide or speed square such that it is between guide and the fence. With this setting, you will be able to make a 45degree cutting.
So, before you start this step, you should start by ensuring that the water pump is praying directly on the saw. To check this, you can start the saw and test it before feeding the tile.
Now, if everything is working as it should be and the tile in place, then you can start cutting the tile by feeding it to the blade.
Since there are different types of tiles saws –the one’s stationary blades and the ones with moving blades, they still work in an almost similar way. So, it is a moving blade you will need to slide the blade slowly across the table and through the tile while following the line drawing. And if you are using a stationary blade saw with a moving table, then you will have to push the table or the tile across the blade.
After you finished the cutting of the tile, there are strategies to follow to avoid hurting yourself or breaking the tile while removing the saw. Therefore, the correct way is to start by turning off the saw, after which you can pull the saw or tiles out. And you can redo the entire process again.
Note: Always ensure that the water reservoir is filled before starting to avoid blade overheating and any other damages.
Tips to improve your safety and tile saw efficiency
Before using a tile saw, you must learn the safety and efficiency tips. This will ensure that you are safe at all times while on your job. Knowing how to avoid hurting yourself at the same time, getting the best out of your saw is imperative to the success of your task. And to make this happen, we have researched some of the crucial tips for you.
- Before you start using any tile saw you have just bought, then you should first start by reading the user manual. Even if you had used some different tile saw before, it is still recommendable that you go through the user manual. This will help you know how to use that specific cutting tool according to the manufacturer’s point of view.
- While purchasing these cutting tools, it is a must that you include safety gloves and goggles. And if you already have, be sure to wear them every time you are operating one of these equipment. You should also wear a face mask to avoid inhaling the debris that may get into the air while cutting tiles.
- Place your cutting tool on level ground. This is also important since you will be able to avoid any movement or wobbling while cutting your tiles.
- You should always ensure that water is filled in the reservoir and that the pump is submerged before you start using the saw.
- Another safety tip is checking whether the pump is spraying the blades as it should be before you start engaging the blade.
- To avoid hurting or even losing your fingers while cutting tiles, you should keep your fingers at a safer distance.
- Always start by confirming that all the saw’s parts are performing properly.
- Also, try starting every cutting process by turning on the saw and letting it run freely for about a minute to check if it’s okay.
- To avoid breakages, you should always keep your tile’s blades sharp. This can also help you avoid injuries as well as ease the cutting process.
- To get the best results, you should always use or engage fences and guides while using your tile saw.
- Pick the right blade that fits that task that you are handling to avoid rough and imperfect cuts.
- To avoid breaking a lot of tile and blades also, then you should stop force-feeding or pushing the tile through the blade.
Frequently Asked Questions On Best Tile Saw (FAQs)
To learn more about what is the best-wet tile saw and how to use it, then you should check on these commonly asked questions.
How does a tile saw work?
Instead of slicing through a tile, this cutting tool grinds through it, thus cutting the tile. This process involves a lot of friction, and that is why water pumps are mostly installed on them to cool the blades. And for the tile saw that doesn’t have a water pump, you will need to work on an interval to allow blades to cool. But it is recommended to go for a wet tile saw. This is because it comes with a pre-installed water reservoir that will help you to cool the tile saw while using it automatically.
How long will a tile saw blade last?
It is estimated to last a cutting time of up to around 12 hours. This is a theoretical time frame given by the manufacturers meaning that it can even last less than that. Its durability depends on the type of tile being cut and errors caused by people while using a tile saw. A mistake like applying too many pressures chock the blades durability and ability to cut freely. The other error is using a particular blade to cut tile that doesn’t suit its specification. Therefore, using the correct blade and letting the blade feed itself freely will ensure blade’s durability.
Is it possible to run my wet tile saw dry?
Yes, it is. Despite it being possible, it is not recommended at all since it comes with severe disadvantages. The man disadvantage is that if you run it dry, your tile saw blade would overheat, thus chewing of comfortably and quickly leaving you with nothing but a smooth useless blade. This means you will have to buy a new blade after every few cuts that will end up costing you a lot of money. The other thing is you can experience a lot of tiles braking, which will also lead to extra cost. Therefore, you should always run your tile saw as recommended by the manufacturer.
Are there different types of tiles saw blades?
Yes. The types are based on their design, not material since almost all blades in the market are diamond blades. Therefore, based on their design and purpose, there are three types of blades:
- Continuous rim blades –Made for wet tiles saws and can be used in cutting both soft and hard materials. Uses water to cool them and provide smooth cuts.
- Segmented blades –Also made for wet tile saws but uses marked-out rim to cool the blade. It is mostly used in masonry work and delivers a rough finish.
- Turbo rim blades –These blades are the hybrid between the above two blades, which means that they can be used for both dry and wet cutting.
What is the suitable size of tile saw do I need to use?
The types of tiles you are going to cut will define the size and the type of the blade that you should buy. This is important to note since some tile saw blades doesn’t work well when cutting individual tiles. So, to be able to determine the appropriate size of blade to use, you should do the following:
- Determine the cutting depth by checking the diameter of the blade
- Diagonal capabilities of the blade -is it 18 x 18 inches or 24 x 24 inches?
- The type of material for those specific tiles
Are tile saws dangerous to operate?
Not exactly. Tile saws are relatively harmless when you compare them with the likes of the table saw. This though doesn’t mean that you can get hurt while using this type of saw. The first and essential thing to avoid is jamming your fingers on the blade since they will get shredded in a matter of seconds. Therefore, you should try to wear protective clove and keep your fingers as far as possible from the blade. The other things that you should have are safety google and face mask to protect your eyes and avoid inhaling debris that might be in the air.
When should I use a sintered blade?
Sintered blades, also known as segmented blades, are the type of blades with smaller gabs that enhance the cooling process. They are mostly used in cutting bricks or concretes since they provide a rough finish, thus not suitable for tile cutting.
Benefits of using the best wet tile saw
Opting for a wet tile saw is essential because it comes with a tone of advantages. The wet tile saws are one of the popular types of saws and the preferable ones, unlike conventional tile saw. So, here are some of the advantages of using the best-wet tiles saw.
- If you need perfection in your DIY projects, the wet tile saw can deliver clean and accurate cuts. This is why it is the most popular and used type of tile saw.
- If you have a large project, then wet tile saw is an ideal choice to pick. This is because they run a continuous blade that doesn’t need time to cool and cuts faster and accurately.
- This type of tile saw operate faster, thus saving you time.
- It grants versatility since most of the tiles saws features the beveling feature. This feature allows you to cut tiles into different shapes that you like.
- Some of the tiles saw nowadays come with pre-installed safety features.
- They come with a built-in water system that not only provides safety but also increases blades durability and efficiency.
Above, we have reviewed the best ten tiles, saw on the market. What remains is you to decide on which one meets your specifications and will serve you best. Remember to abide by the buying guide since it gives you more information on what to expect from a specific tile saw. It also helps you avoid confusion since there are a ton of models in the market nowadays.
You must check on the highlighted tiles saw and compare them to determine the suitable type of saw that you should go with.